Real Madrid will make incredible signings, promises president Perez

Real Madrid will look to make a splash in the transfer market following the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Madrid’s all-time record goalscorer completed a move to Juventus earlier this month worth €100m (£88m/$117m), marking the end of an era at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Eden Hazard and Kylian Mbappe are among the names to have been linked with Madrid as they prepare to begin 2018-19 under new head coach Julen Lopetegui and president Florentino Perez did nothing to dampen expectations of a statement signing

“We are aware of the expectations this team faces every season,” Perez said following right-back Alvaro Odriozola’s introduction as a Madrid player.

“We’re Real Madrid and we always want more. This is a winning team with amazing players.

“We have an amazing squad that will be reinforced with new, incredible players.”

Odriozola joined from Real Sociedad for a reported €40m (£35.4m/$46.8m) in Madrid’s latest signing of the summer, as the European champions have already landed Andriy Lunin from Zorya Luhansk, while Vinicius Junior arrives from Flamengo.

Madrid have constantly been linked with a move for Paris Saint-Germain duo Neymar and Kylian Mbappe, but released statements to dismiss reports of offers and then dismissed talk of any interest in the Brazilian.

Since then, rumours surrounding a bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard have increased, and the Belgium international hinted after the World Cup that he is open to the move.

“After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different,” Hazard said, later adding: “You know my preferred destination.”

The idea of the attacker heading for the European champions was backed by Belgium coach Roberto Martinez, while Thibaut Courtois suggested he could follow his compatriot on the way out of Stamford Bridge, saying: “Wherever I go, Hazard must come along. We will not let each other go.”

New Blues boss Maurizio Sarri, however, says he wants Hazard to remain in London and plans to help him improve next season.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Chivas forward Pulido admits Rayados were interested, but goal is Europe return

Chivas forward Alan Pulido says there was a chance to leave the Guadalajara club this offseason but he would rather head back to Europe than move within Mexico.

Pulido’s former Chivas teammate Rodolfo Pizarro signed for Monterrey this summer, with Chivas also offloading players like center back Oswaldo Alanis and goalkeeper Rodolfo Cota as the club slashed its payroll.

The 27-year-old remains in Guadalajara ahead of the new season which starts Friday, but admitted there was a chance he’d join Pizarro at Rayados.

“I still have a contract with Chivas, and my dream is to go to Europe again. Yeah, I knew there were some possibilities, but I focused on myself. I wasn’t going to make a decision while my agent and the club directors weren’t telling me anything,” Pulido told reporters. “Today I belong to Chivas and am defending their colors.”

Pulido previously represented Monterrey’s crosstown rivals Tigres and still has a number of connections in the city. He left Tigres in 2014 in a controversial move that saw his case go before the Court of Arbitration for Sport. He suited up for Greek clubs Levadiakos and Olympiacos but returned to Mexico to join Chivas before the 2016 Apertura.

He was back in Tigres’ Estadio Universitario on Tuesday to play in former teammate Damian Alvarez’s farewell match but didn’t receive a fond reception from the Tigres fans there. Pulido was booed but said he didn’t hear any adverse reaction from the stands.

“I didn’t hear that they booed me. They booed me?” Pulido said with a laugh. “Those are things that happen. I see it as flattery. It means that since I left here things have gone well in my career.”

Chivas travel to face Club Tijuana on Saturday in the first week of the Liga MX Apertura in what will be the debut of new manager Jose Cardozo.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Algeria’s Youcef Attal joins Nice from Kortrijk

Youcef Attal has joined Ligue 1 side Nice from Belgian First Division A outfit Kortrijk for an undisclosed fee.

The defender made 10 appearances across all competitions in his short spell with the Guys last season.

Attal has three caps for Algeria since making his debut against Guinea in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

On Tuesday, the Allianz Riviera side announced the capture of the youngster, becoming the third signing of the club following the arrival of Danilo Barbosa and Christophe Herelle.

“OGC Nice has come to an agreement with the club from the Jupiler Pro League for the transfer of the highly exciting 22-year-old,” read a statement on club website.

“After passing his medical on Tuesday, he has now become the third Nice signing of the summer, after Danilo Barbosa and Christophe Hérelle.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Kelechi Nwakali joins Porto B on loan from Arsenal

Kelechi Nwakali will play in Porto reserve side next season after sealing a season-long loan deal from Arsenal, with the Portuguese outfit holding an option to make it permanent.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder arrived at Arsenal in 2016, the year after he led Nigeria to the U17 World Cup title.

He has, however, been loaned out of England since his move to the North London outfit, spending time in the Netherlands with MVV Maastricht [twice] and VVV Venlo.

For the 2018-19 campaign, Nwakali will play in Portugal with Porto B side in the second division. And in 12 months time, the Dragons reserve the option to sign him permanently.

Reacting to his new adventure in Portugal, Nwakali said: “My main goal is to develop and evolve as a player, to improve my qualities and the other aspects that I know I need to correct to grow in the way I play. I think FC Porto is the right place to evolve as a player.

“I know Porto very well because one of my idols always in football played here: Deco. He was a player that I loved to watch and I hope one day being able to meet him and tell him the importance he had in my desire to be a football player.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Transfer news & rumours LIVE: Man Utd eye Lewandowski & Thiago


Man Utd eye Lewandowski & Thiago


Manchester United are considering a double swoop for Bayern Munich stars Robert Lewandowski and Thiago Alcantara,  The Independent  reports.

The pair have been linked with moves away from the Bundesliga side, while United are said to be courting a new midfielder.

The Red Devils tried to lure Thiago to Old Trafford before he joined Bayern from Barcelona and Jose Mourinho had shown an interest in Lewandowski at Chelsea and Real Madrid.


Pogba wants to leave Man Utd for Juve


Paul Pogba wants to return to Juventus after becoming frustrated with life at Manchester United, according to Tuttosport

The France international left Juve to rejoin United two years ago, but he is now ready to head back to the Serie A champions following their stunning capture of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Pogba recently joked with France team-mate, and Juve midfielder, Blaise Matuidi about a potential return to Italy.


Liverpool agree £66m fee for Alisson


Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Alisson after agreeing a £66 million ($86m) fee with Roma for the Brazilian goalkeeper, Goal can confirm.

The Reds have been in intensive talks with the Serie A club this week, and now have permission to speak to the player about a move to Anfield.

The deal would make the 25-year-old the most expensive goalkeeper in history.

Read the full story on Goal!


Chelsea near deal for Rugani


Chelsea representative Fali Ramadani met with Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici on Wednesday to discuss a deal for centre-back Daniele Rugani, Goalunderstands. 

The talks in Milan are understood to have gone well, with the 23-year-old defender nearing a move to Stamford Bridge. 

Chelsea are thought to be offering €40 million (£36m/$47m) for Rugani’s services, while Juventus are holding out for €50m (£45m/$58m).

Read the full story on Goal!


Fabio moves to Nantes


Former Manchester Untied defender Fabio da Silva has signed for Nantes from Middlesbrough, bringing his 10-year spell in English football to an end.

The 28-year-old full-back joins the Ligue 1 club on a three-year contract and will wear the No.2 shirt.

Read the full story on Goal!


Emery lines up more Arsenal transfers


Arsenal manager Unai Emery is keen to bring in two more players before the end of the transfer window, but the north London side will have to sell players first in order to raise funds.

The Gunners have already secured the services of Bernd Leno, Lucas Torreira, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Matteo Guendouzi in recent weeks and Emery remains keen to add to his squad.

Arsenal had a £70 million ($91m) budget heading into the transfer window, however, and will have to sell before making any additional signings.

Read the full story on Goal!


Everton bid for Bordeaux’s Malcom


Everton have filed a bid of €35 million (£31m/$41m) plus €5m in add-ons for Bordeaux’s Brazilian star Malcom after interest from Inter cooled, Goal understands. 

Malcom has attracted huge attention across Europe thanks to his match-winning displays for the Ligue 1 club over the last 24 months. 

Read the full story on Goal!


Lewandowski demands Bayern support


Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski wants to know he still retains the 100 per cent support of the club, claims Sport Bild

Lewandowski is currently on holiday after playing for Poland at the World Cup, but wants to receive assurances from Bayern upon his return to training next week.

He feels that, even though Bayern insist he is not for sale, the club have not done enough to support him publicly following criticism he is the key reason for the team’s recent failures in the Champions League.


Lyon keen on Mina


Lyon are interested in signing Barcelona’s Yerry Mina as the club search for a new central defender, according to France Football

After losing out to Borussia Dortmund for Abdou Diallo, Lyon are considering a move for Everton target Mina after his performances for Colombia at the World Cup.

Barcelona have offered Lyon the chance to sign Marlon Santos, but the Ligue 1 side are less keen on that proposal following the defender’s displays on loan at Nice last season.


Ancelotti calls Di Maria over Napoli move


Carlo Ancelotti has called Angel di Maria regarding a potential move to Napoli for the Paris Saint-Germain attacker, reports Corriere dello Sport

Di Maria enjoyed an impressive season at Real Madrid under Ancelotti in 2013-14 and the new Napoli coach is keen on a reunion.

However, the Argentine’s €10 million (£9m/$12m) a season salary is a potential issue for Napoli to get a deal over the line.


Everton in advanced Malcom talks


Everton are in advanced talks to sign winger Malcom from Bordeaux, Sky Sports News reports. 

The 21-year-old Brazilian emerged as a target for a host of European clubs, with Inter thought to be his preferred destination.

But Malcom instead appears ready to move to Merseyside in a deal worth £30 million ($39m) plus add-ons.


Courtois nears €35m Madrid move


Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is closing in on a move to Real Madrid for €35 million (£31m/$41m), reports Marca

The Belgium number one has long been linked with a return to Spain to be with his family, after he spent three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid between 2011 and 2014. 

With just a year left on his deal, the Blues will be forced to sell the 26-year-old at a relatively bargain rate rather than lose him for free next summer. 


Tottenham make Pavard approach


Tottenham have contacted Stuttgart to express their interest in signing defender Benjamin Pavard, reports TEAMtalk

The 22-year-old impressed at the World Cup, helping France lift the trophy in Russia. 

With Toby Alderweireld set to move on Spurs are hoping to land Pavard, who can play multiple positions on the back line and can also slot in at midfield. 


CSKA deny Golovin deal with Chelsea


CSKA Moscow president Evgeniy Giner has denied that a deal has been reached to sell Aleksandr Golovin to Chelsea.

The 22-year-old playmaker has been in high demand since starring for Russia at this summer’s World Cup.

Giner did confirm that Golovin is likely to leave CSKA soon, but was adamant that no deal with the Blues had been completed. 

Read the full story on Goal!


Zidane to join Juve as advisor


Former Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane will join Juventus as an advisor in the front office, reports Libertad Digital.

Zidane surprisingly resigned as Madrid boss in June after clinching the side’s third consecutive Champions League crown. 

And the Frenchman will now join his former club, where he played from 1996 to 2001. 


Pochettino wants Grealish on U.S. tour


Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to sign Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish before the club’s U.S. tour, according to the Mirror

Time is running out for Spurs to wrap up a deal for the 22-year-old before they jet off to North America on Sunday. 

Cash-strapped Villa originally wanted ­£40 million ($52m) for Grealish, but they may now be forced to accept around half that amount. 


Brewster signs five-year deal at Liverpool 


Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster has ended speculation over his future by signing a five-year professional contract.

The highly rated 18-year-old will be given a chance to break into Jurgen Klopp’s first team at Anfield this season. 

Read the full story on Goal!


Chelsea offered chance to re-sign Cech


Arsenal have offered Chelsea the opportunity to re-sign goalkeeper Petr Cech, according to the Daily Mail.

Cech spent 11 seasons with Chelsea before moving to the Gunners, who are looking to raise funds for additional purchases this summer. 

The Blues are expecting to lose Thibaut Courtois this summer, and have also identified Kasper Schmeichel and Gianluigi Donnarumma as possible replacements. 


Bournemouth move for £57m South American pair


Bournemouth are ready to spend big money on Levante midfielder Jefferson Lerma and Genoa full-back Diego Laxalt, according to The Sun.

Both players impressed at the World Cup this summer, Lerma with Colombia and Laxalt with Uruguay. 

The Cherries will bid a club-record £32 million ($42m) for Lerma, while Laxalt will likely cost around £25m ($33m). 


Cahill ready to leave Chelsea


Gary Cahill is considering his future at Chelsea, according to the Evening Standard.

The 32-year-old defender fell out of favour last season, and could be pushed further down the depth chart with the possible arrival of  Daniele Rugani from Juventus. 

Cahill is set for talks with new manager Maurizio Sarri over his role, with the veteran hoping for assurances of more minutes in 2018-19. 


Conte could replace Gattuso at Milan


AC Milan could offer former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte an instant return to the sideline, claims  Sport Mediaset.

U.S. hedge fund Elliott Management has taken control of the Serie A side, and are understood to desire a clean break from the club’s former management. 

Conte, who has been linked with the Rossoneri in the past, could be appointed in place of current manager Gennaro Gattuso.


West Brom reject Newcastle bid for Rondon


West Brom have rejected Newcastle’s loan bid for striker Salomon Rondon, according to The Telegraph. 

The Magpies looked to land the 28-year-old on an initial loan, but the Baggies will only accept a permanent deal for the forward.

Rondon has a buyout clause in his contract of £16.5 million ($22m). 


Chelsea to hijack Liverpool’s Alisson move


Chelsea will look to hijack Liverpool’s move for Roma goalkeeper Alisson, according to the Mirror

Goal reported on Tuesday that the Reds have opened talks with Roma over a £62 million ($82m) deal for the 25-year-old.

But Chelsea are now prepared to bid £70m ($92m) in an effort to steal the Brazilian away from their Premier League rivals. 


Sounders chasing Argentine winger


The Seattle Sounders are interested in the signing of AIK forward Nicolas Stefanelli, according to Swedish outlet Fotboll Direkt

The MLS side has already made a splash with the signing of Peruvian international forward Raul Ruidiaz this summer, but would like to add the 23-year-old Argentine to the roster as well. 


‘High-profile’ Croatian wants Miami move


One of David Beckham’s ownership partners in Miami claims that a “very high-profile” player from the Croatian national team is interested in a move to join the expansion team. 

As part of wide-ranging interview with the  Miami Herald ,  Jorge Mas said that one of Croatia’s stars was “extremely interested in coming to Miami.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)