Ronaldo confirms Juventus were only club to make him an offer

Cristiano Ronaldo has confirmed that Juventus were the only club to make an offer for his services.

Ronaldo made comments suggesting he could leave Real Madrid following the club’s Champions League triumph over Liverpool in May.

The Portugal star’s words opened up a new round of speculation linking him with former club Manchester United and French big-spenders Paris Saint-Germain.

However, the 33-year-old ended up landing with Serie A giants Juventus instead, confirming a €100 million (£88m/$117m) transfer earlier this month.

Speaking at his introductory press conference on Monday, the 33-year-old said that despite intense speculation linking him with United and PSG, the Italian side were the only team to make an offer.

“Juventus’s offer was the only offer I received,” Ronaldo said.

Another club long linked with a move for Ronaldo is Sporting CP, the side where he rose through the academy and became a professional before moving to United in 2003.

Asked if he could see himself finishing his career with the Portuguese side, Ronaldo was non-committal.

“Ending my career at Sporting? I want to surprise everyone and focus on my current stage of my career with Juventus,” the Portugal international said.

“For me it is a step forward in my career. I signed up for four seasons and I hope to win many trophies with Juventus.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

African All Stars Transfer News & Rumours: Goztepe make loan move for Chelsea’s Omeruo


Goztepe make loan move for Omeruo


Turkish Super Lig club Goztepe have made an inquiry to take Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo on a season-long loan, according to Sporx.

The Nigeria international is yet to play a competitive game for the Blues since his transfer from Standard Liege in 2012 and he has spent the last three seasons on loan in the Turkish top-flight with Alanyaspor and Kasimpasa. 


Amrabat joins Saudi club Al Nassr


Morocco star Nordin Amrabat has penned a three-year deal with Saudi club Al Nassr from Watford.

Following his decent performances at the just concluded World Cup in Russia, the winger has earned himself a deal worth $10 million [£7.5 million] and will continue his career in the Middle East with the Saudi Professional League outfit.

More to follow on Goal…


Fenerbahce reach agreement with Bolasie


Everton winger Yannick Bolasie has agreed terms with Fenerbahce as he closes in on a loan move to the Turkish Super Lig, Fanatik claims.

The DR Congo international is expected to join the Istanbul outfit in a matter of days following Marco Silva’s approval for the winger’s temporary departure.


Bissouma close to Brighton switch


Brighton and Hove Albion are close to completing an £18 million swoop for Lille midfielder Yves Bissouma, according to  Record .

The Seagulls are set to beat Porto to the signature of the versatile 21-year-old who had a fine campaign in the French Ligue 1 last season.

The Mali international could be the second African player to join Chris Hughton’s side this summer after Nigeria’s Leon Balogun.


Trabzonspor keen on Didier Ndong


Trabzonspor have intensified their chase for Sunderland midfielder Didier Ndong by submitting an undisclosed offer for the midfielder, according to Taka .

Ndong has attracted interests from Cardiff City and Serie A clubs including Fiorentina and Atalanta after seeing a £6.6million move to Italian side Torino fizzle out this summer.

The Gabon international is one of the top earners at the Stadium of Light that the club want to get off their books as they prepare for life in the third tier of the English league.


Napoli demand £80 million-plus for Koulibaly


Napoli have placed an £80 million price tag on Kalidou Koulibaly to fend off interest from Chelsea, Mirror reports.

The centre-back has been a long term target for the Blues but the Partenopei are reluctant to see one of their key players follow former manager Maurizio Sarri and Jorginho to the Stamford Bridge.


Olympiacos terminate Emenike’s contract


Greek giants Olympiacos have released Nigeria international Emmanuel Emenike after struggling regain top form, according to Gunes .

The 31-year-old is now a free agent this summer despite having a year remaining in his contract with the Legends.

Emenike joined Olympiacos from Fenerbahce in July 2017 and was sent out to Las Palmas on loan where he didn’t play a single game in the second part of last season.


Gael Kakuta returns to Rayo Vallecano


Rayo Vallecano have reunited with Gael Kakuta after the DR Congo international signed a four-year deal.

The former Chelsea forward joins the La Liga club from Hebei China Fortune after spending last season on loan at Amiens.

Check out the full story on Goal! 


Leicester City to offer Ndidi improved contract


Leicester City are set to have talks with Wilfred Ndidi over an improved deal as a reward for his impressive displays in the past campaign, DailyMail claims.

The Nigeria international who was the best tackler in the English Premier League last season , currently earns £35,000 per week at the King Power Stadium.


Napoli in advanced talks with Sabaly


Napoli held a positive meeting with Youssouf Sabaly’s agents over a possible move, according to Sky Italia .

The Serie A side want to agree terms with the Senegal international before coming to the table with Bordeaux who have requested around €12 million for the right-back.


Wilfried Bony wants Championship fight with Swansea


Wilfried Bony is keen on staying with Swansea City next season and help them return to the English Premier League despite reported interests from Besiktas, according to BBC .

The Ivorian managed just two goals in 15 appearances before a torn ACL ruled him out for the rest of last season.

Bony is eager to repay the club’s faith but the Swans need to drop their top earners in order to balance their books and adapt to the Championship.


Sako turns down new Crystal Palace offer


Mali international Bakary Sako has rejected a new contract offered by Crystal Palace, Roy Hodgson has confirmed.

The 30-year-old is out of contract this summer and might bring an end to his three-year stay at the Selhurst Park.

Sako’s former club Wolverhampton Wanderers are reportedly interested in signing him on a free transfer as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury he picked up in January.

More to follow on Goal !


Bournemouth, Hull City after Kasimpasa’s Diagne


English clubs including Bournemouth, Hull City and Reading are locked in talks for Kasimpasa attacker Mbaye Diagne, Turkish Football claims.

The Senegal international could be set to leave the Turkish Super Lig club less than seven months after joining them from Tianjin Teda in January.

Diagne scored 12 goals in 17 league games in the second half of the 2017-18 campaign – a run that attracted interests from England.


Ayew, Bolasie close to joining Fenerbahce


Swansea City forward and Ghana international Andre Ayew is close to joining Fenerbahce on a season-long loan, according to Ghanasoccernet .

Ayew who returned to the Liberty Stadium from West Ham in January, is keen on top-flight football after the Swans were demoted to the Championship last season.

Meanwhile Fanatik reports that the Turkish Super Lig side representatives are in England to convince Everton winger Yannick Bolasie over a loan move this summer.

The DR Congo international has struggled for form at the Goodison Park due to an anterior cruciate ligament injury that ruled him out for over a year.


Stoke want Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo in Shaqiri deal


Stoke City want Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo as part of the deal to take Xherdan Shaqiri to Anfield, according to The Sun .

The Potters are in talks with last season’s Champions League finalist to take the Anglo-Nigerian on loan as Shaqiri edges closer to a £13.5million move to the Merseyside club.

Ojo was on loan at Fulham last season and played a key part in ensuring the Cottagers return to the English top-flight next season.


Brighton in talks for Yves Bissouma swoop


Brighton and Hove Albion are in talks with French Ligue 1 club Lille over a summer swoop for midfielder Yves Bissouma,  according to DailyMail .

The Mali international is priced at £17.7 million and still has three years left in his contract with the Stade Pierre-Mauroy outfit.

Bissouma who moved to the French top-flight from Real Bamako in 2016, has attracted interests from Everton, Schalke 04, Tottenham Hotspur and Monaco.


Badou Ndiaye set for Galatasaray return


Senegal international Badou Ndiaye is for a return to Galatasaray this summer – after spending less than seven months in the English Premier League, Milliyet claims.

Following Stoke City relegation to the Championship, the 27-year-old is pushing for a move to the Turkish Super Lig and he is ready for a €750,000 pay cut from his current earning of €2.75 million per-year at the bet365 Stadium.


Chelsea agree to end Koulibaly hunt


Chelsea will no longer chase Senegal international Kalidou Koulibaly after reaching an agreement with Napoli to sign just Maurizio Sarri and Jorginho, according to Napoli CalcioLive .

Jorginho is expected to join Sarri at the Stamford Bridge when he succeeds Antonio Conte but the Italian club will still have Jose Callejon, Elseid Hysaj and the centre-back in Naples.

Koulibaly has been strongly linked with the Blues this summer following his fine defensive displays last season.


Nabil Maaloul leaves Tunisia for Qatari club


Nabil Maaloul has joined Qatar Stars League champions Al Duhail after leaving his position as Tunisia coach.

The 55-year-old guided the north African country to the World Cup in Russia as his side managed a win and two defeats before their group stage exit.

Check the full story on Goal! 


Lyon turn to Ziyech as Fekir’s replacement


With Nabil Fekir set for new Liverpool talks after the 2018 Fifa World Cup, Lyon have opened negotiations with Ajax for Hakim Ziyech’s permanent switch, Mirror reports.

The Ligue 1 club are ready to beat Roma and Liverpool to the signing of the 25-year-old who is yet to confirm a new home after disclosing his intention of leaving Holland.

Last month, Ajax boss Erik ten Hag revealed that the Morocco international has a deal in place elsewhere .


Wahbi Khazri close to joining Saint-Etienne


Tunisia international Wahbi Khazri is finalising his permanent move from Sunderland to French top-flight club Saint-Etienne, Fox Sports claims.

The 27-year-old is set to ink a four-year deal with Les Verts that will see him earn an annual salary of €4 million [ £3.5 million].

Khazri was on loan at Rennes last campaign where he returned nine goals in 24 matches across all competitions.


Genoa approach Christian Kouame


Genoa have offered Serie B side Cittadella €4 million [£3.5 million] for the signing of Ivorian forward Christian Kouame, according to Football365 .

The 20-year-old could be heading to the Italian top-flight this summer after an impressive form of 12 goals and 11 assists in 43 league appearances last term.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Sanchez’s Man Utd tour arrival delayed by administrative issues

Alexis Sanchez has not travelled out with the Manchester United squad for their summer tour of the USA due to administrative issues.

The Chilean trained with his team-mates at the club’s Carrington training complex last week following their return to duty on Wednesday, but was then missing from the check-in list as they embarked upon their tour at Manchester Airport on Sunday.

On Monday he caused a stir among the United fan base by posting a picture of himself on Instagram with a new haircut, but all the while making no reference to his no-show status.

But it has now been confirmed that Sanchez has been given time to resolve a personal administrative issue, and the club are hopeful that he will be free to join them within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Sanchez has been a key member of Jose Mourinho’s first team since arriving from Arsenal in January in a swap deal involving Henrikh Mkhitaryan, but much is expected of him in his first full season in United colours in 2018-19.

The delay to Sanchez’s arrival is a blow for Mourinho’s planning for the US tour, which gets underway with a friendly fixture against Club America in Glendale, Arizona on Thursday.

The Portuguese’s squad is already shorn of 12 senior players on the trip due to their involvement in the World Cup. United will also feel the effect of seven of those players having reached the final weekend of the showpiece competition.

Paul Pogba, Marouane Fellaini, Romelu Lukaku, Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Marcus Rashford are all yet to take their summer break and therefore not expected to return to club duty until shortly before the Premier League opener against Leicester City on August 10.

Mourinho has called up a number of youngsters for the trip to the US to fill the gaps, with highly rated young duo Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes among those making their first appearance on a senior tour.

United’s summer schedule includes International Champions Cup fixtures against AC Milan, Liverpool and Real Madrid before they return to Europe to face Bayern Munich in Germany in their final game before the competitive season begins.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Live video: Cristiano Ronaldo unveiled as Juventus player after €100m transfer

Cristiano Ronaldo has explained he wanted to leave Real Madrid for a “big club” like Juventus, rather than settle for an easy retirement in China or Qatar.

The Portugal international was unveiled as a Juventus player on Monday night following the completion of his medical, sealing a for €100 million (£88m/$117m) move to Serie A.

“I’m not sad [about leaving Real Madrid], this is a big club and with all due respect players at this stage of my career usually go to Qatar or China, so I’m grateful to Juventus for allowing me to join such a big club,” Ronaldo told reporters.

“I feel great to be here. It’s a big challenge, it’s a tough league but I’ll be ready. Age isn’t important, I feel good and motivated. Excited. I’ll try to do my best as always and I’m looking forward to trying to do my best and winning every title.

“Juventus gave me a wonderful opportunity and I’m so grateful for that. I can see that Juventus is a club that can have a lot of success, they’ve won domestic cups and Scudetti and were in the Champions League final.

“I’m so proud to be here, I’m proud they were interested in me and I hope I can take Juventus to an even higher level.”

The former Manchester United and Sporting player also commented on his rivalry with Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, which will naturally reduce with him leaving La Liga.

“I don’t see players as rivals,” he added. “Everyone speaks about my rivalry with Messi, but everyone fights for their own club and that’s what I’ll do here. In the end we’ll look back and see who is the best.”

More to follow…

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

Sarri needs ‘one or two changes’ to bring style to Chelsea

Maurizio Sarri said he needs to make “one or two adjustments” before Chelsea will be ready to play his football as he looked forward to going head to head with “the most important coaches in Europe”.

The 59-year-old arrived at Stamford Bridge to replace Antonio Conte as Chelsea’s head coach, ending his 13-year spell in Italy, where he worked at nine different clubs.

Chelsea announced Sarri’s appointment hours before they confirmed the signing of Jorginho, who excelled under him at Napoli and had been heavily courted by Manchester City.

The Blues are also competing for the signing of Aleksandr Golovin from CSKA Moscow, with Monaco having confirmed an offer, while Arsenal and Juventus are interested.

And an excited Sarri believes the squad is close to the level he wants before the new campaign gets underway.

“I think Chelsea are a good team,” Sarri told Chelsea TV. “The problem is that in England, there are five or six very good teams.

“I think with one or two adjustments, we can try to play my football.

“In the Premier League there are all the most important coaches in Europe, maybe in the world. It will be very exciting to play against [Pep] Guardiola, [Mauricio] Pochettino, [Jose] Mourinho, [Jurgen] Klopp and all the others.”

Manchester City boss Guardiola had previously said he would be delighted if Sarri were to come to the Premier League, but the Italian responded humbly when asked about praise from one of his new rivals.

“Guardiola is principally a friend,” said Sarri. “I think he has spoken well about me for this motive.”

Sarri gave his assessment of Jorginho, who joined Chelsea after the London club fended off competition from City for his signature, and he was glowing in his account of the Italian midfielder’s capabilities.

“Jorginho is not a physical player, he’s a technical player,” said Sarri.

“But [his] most important quality is that he’s very quick in the mind so he has the ability to move the ball very quickly.”

Let’s block ads! (Why?)